January is a transition month between The Lights of Christmas Festival and our winter/spring retreat season. Here’s what is happening this winter:
- The Lights of Christmas scenes, sets, and décor are going back into storage and the grounds are being restored for winter retreats.
- Cascadian Lodge remodeling has begun! The facility is receiving insulation, noise reduction, new fixtures, carpet, furniture, and interior décor.
- The Stables will have cross-ties installed, providing improved safety and covered space for tacking up horses.
- Automatic door openers will be installed on at least one set of doors in the Program Center, Maple Center, and Cedar Lodge. This will enhance accessibility for those with mobility challenges.
- Tree thinning will occur in areas that need more understory planted later this spring.
- Whistler Mini-Lodge will receive upgrades to the meeting room and remodeling of one of the bathrooms.
- Metal roofs, sidewalks, mini-golf, pool, and tennis courts will receive power wash cleaning.
- Landscape maintenance such as pruning and cleaning the beds will occur in February and March so that beauty bark can go down before the weeds start pushing up.
- Planning is underway for a new cabin in Chinook Village and possible road paving that may occur over the next couple years.
Interested in volunteering?
Whether you have a few hours or a few days, your help is appreciated! Contact Faith Oates, Volunteer Coordinator, (360) 761-1267 or email email@example.com.
Interested in donating?
If you are interested in supporting the projects financially, donate online or contact Jeannie Patterson, Administrative Assistant: 360-312-4984 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.